Monday, April 27, 2009

Rocksalting in Vancouver and Blue Orcharding in Victoria

Had a nice weekend in Vancouver, starting with a place in the Rocksalt reading which was part of the Main Street Literary Tour, in celebration of BC Book & Magazine week. We hung out in the Cafe Montmartre,



being hosted by Trevor Carolan



till Mona Fertig got there from another event she was doing in West Vancouver.



Had a little beer tasting on Saturday. My trio was porter, raspberry wheat beer and Rickard's White wheat beer (my favourite)



Sunday's treat was a walk through North Vancouver. Here's how the allotment gardens look:



One question. Why?



Str(eat) art, Vancouver style.



How they tell it in Deep Cove:



Back home, and this lovely afternoon I took stock of the Blue Orchard (Mason) Bee (Osmia lignaria) house I'd put up on Thursday:



-- a couple of dwellings already dwelt in, with lots of action in others. Holy pollen, mama's home!



Hanging out on the fence.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pamela said...

I think I have bee box envy.

9:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home