Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More sheep, and a bit of dip

I went round to the sheep barn again yesterday, braving the face-freezing weather for a glimpse of the two latest arrivals, born on Sunday.



I had apparently timed my visit to nap time. Tipsy was there with her colourful offspring.





And this pair were watching the door.



In other news... Last night I made a batch of Fanny Bay smoked oyster pate (my changes: I used 2 tins of Fanny Bay smoked oysters instead of 1; green onion instead of white; and added a tablespoon of plain yogurt and a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of minced lemon rind) which swiftly vanished into the colony's creativity machine.

A last swing round the freezing streets of Humboldt yielded an "Italian-inspired" yogurt maker, currently in experimental use (though Carla tells us she makes her yogurt in a much simpler way: using a mason jar, wrapped in a towel and set on the hot water tank overnight). After a crippling second night of badminton I am moving slowly but making what I can of my final two days and looking forward to our finale reading and studio tour tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just finished making my first-ever batch of smoked oyster pate and, even though I did not find Fanny Bay oysters, I have to say it tastes pretty damned fine! I used your alternative recipe, but didn't use the lemon rind. And, upped the tabasco just a tad.

Oh. Yum.

I wish I hadn't decided to take it to a party tonight!

4:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home