Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Art and food

Here's a tasty article that gleans from a number of literary classics while discussing a new book, The Love Verb, which includes recipes. Seems to me I've ready other novels with recipes but the idea's never really grabbed me. Maybe it's just that it sends me into too much confusion about which bookshelf to put it on...

Here's a nice one: Sri-Lankan born food artist Vipula Athukorale who seriously plays with his food in Leicester.

And I'm looking forward to this weekend's launch of Sunday Dinners, the "chapbook" of food poetry that Colleen Philippi and I have done with JackPine Press. It's taking place at Open Space Gallery, 510 Fort Street, 2nd floor, Victoria, BC, Saturday June 19 at 7pm.

Foodies with a taste for creative nonfiction can submit something to the journal of the same name: Creative Nonfiction seeks true stories about food; September 3 deadline, $US20 reading fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home