Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Time on the vine

It's totally tomato season. I managed to can my first jars of diced tomatoes, which will liberate me from the tyranny of grocery store cans for a while. I have a bowl of ready-to-sauce beauties on my counter, some suffering a bit of seasonal splitting due to the amount of rain we've had over the past few days

Add Image


and lots more on the vine, so I'm keeping fingers crossed against blight. And considering what to bring to the tomato brunch Slow Food is holding with Terralicious, at Haliburton Farm, this weekend.

Though I've been out there on work parties most every week, I haven't posted much from Haliburton lately, but for starters here's a selection of tomatoes they've had on the farmstand lately:









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home