Sunday, November 04, 2007

Somewhere--

I happened to hear a song on the radio yesterday, that I've been hearing all year: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World and I looked it up to discover the singer, Israel Kamakawiwo Ole, has been dead for a decade. The single was only released last year which explains its late arrival in my lalala. Other than his gorgeous voice and great tunes, two things took me aback when I looked him up. One was the enormous girth of the man - it was this girth which ultimately killed him at the age of 38 - and the other was that he and I shared a birthday. Well, here's his greatest hit:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Thank you for the link to this recording Rhona. It has a special association with an aunt of mine who was my mentor when I was young- now I will associate it with you too, and your birthday. May all the stars and rainbows you wish on grant you your dreams. Thank you for the standard you set in following them- you are an inspiration. Congratulations on the fine achievement of the Masters. Well done ( and rare too!)

Love, Ruth

10:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home