Friday, June 16, 2006

Soho Square, June 2006

What it looked like on a sunny lunchtime in early June. (And what it looks like the rest of the time.)

Nineteenth try lucky -- finally it posted! Why?? Why?? I don't understand. As you see I tried everything. I guess Blogger just gets cranky with image files every so often and calls a halt.

My previous unedited posting read as follows: I have had to admit defeat: photo posting on Blogger no longer works for me, so I'm having to go through Flickr (which worked after several tries). On Blogger, I've tried everything I can think of - tweaking internet options, clearing cookies and temporary internet files, rebooting, uploading from files and urls, adding the url in the Edit Html box. Nothing works. Searched the help files and googled the problem. We must put it down to bad blogger photo karma. Any other suggestions for cures would be more than welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Hamon said...

I have a great deal of trouble uploading photos as well, but I'm of the belief that it's the amount of traffic uploading files that creates the problem. I've tried to stay away from prime times and upload at what I think might be quieter times. Sometimes it takes 20 min. to get one photo on the blog; sometimes it takes 2. I think there must be a better way.

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger Rhona McAdam said...

Thanks Tracy. The technique of waiting for off-peak times used to work for me, but it seems lately I've gone through the process swiftly and still nothing appears on the screen at the end of it. Frustrating. I'm with you in your hope for a better way. I suppose it's an evolving technology so we can only hope that sooner or later this bug will be fixed.

10:29 a.m.  
Blogger Rhona McAdam said...

Why sure thing Kimmy. Waiting anxiously for your blog btw!

3:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home